2. There is absolutely nothing about your present circumstances that prevents you from making progress, one step at a time.
3. Worry, and you get what you worry about. Work, and you get what you work for. It’s often just that simple.
4. You can’t let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. Don’t let the silly little dramas of each day get you down.
5. Happiness is allowing yourself to be perfectly OK with ‘what is,’ rather than wishing for and worrying about ‘what is not.’ ‘What is’ is what’s supposed to be, or it would not be. The rest is just you, arguing with life.
6. Frustration and stress come from the way you react, not the way things are. Adjust your attitude today, and the frustration and stress is gone.
7. Be positive and smile right now, not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything.
8. Lies only exist if you believe in them. The truth shall indeed set you free in the end. Whenever negativity creeps into your mind, ask yourself: Is it true? Can I be 100% certain that it’s true?
9. No book is just one chapter. No chapter tells the whole story. No mistake defines who we are. Keep turning the pages that need to be turned.
10. Remember, letting go isn’t about having the courage to release the past; it’s about having the wisdom and strength to embrace the present.
11. The past has absolutely no power over the present moment.
12. No amount of regret changes the past. No amount of anxiety changes the future. But any amount of gratitude changes the present.
13. Replace the phrase “I have to” with “I get to” whenever you catch yourself starting to complain. So many activities we complain about are things others wish they had the chance to do.
14. The more beauty you find in someone else’s journey, the less you’ll want to compare it to your own.
15. Feeling stuck is a FEELING, not a fact. So never assume that you’re stuck with the way things are. Life changes every second, and so can you.
16. In almost every situation, a little more willingness to acknowledge that there may be something you do not know could change everything. Go somewhere new, and countless opportunities suddenly appear. Do something differently, and all sorts of great new possibilities spring up. Keep your mind quiet and peaceful, by keeping it open.
17. Be careful about who you give the microphone and stage to in your life. Don’t just listen to the loudest voice. Listen to the truest one.
18. The unhappiest people in this world are the people who care the most about what everyone else thinks.
19. Saying yes to happiness and peace of mind means learning to say no to the people and things that hurt you. Be wise enough to ignore the needless negativity around you.
20. When people undermine your dreams, predict your doom, or criticize you, remember, they’re telling you their story, not yours.
21. The person you liked, loved or respected in the past, who treated you like dirt again and again, has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you in the present moment, but headaches and heartache.
22. One of the most freeing things we learn in life is that we don’t have to agree with everyone, everyone doesn’t have to agree with us, and it’s perfectly OK.
23. Be OK with walking away… Rejection teaches you how to reject what’s not right for you.
24. You have to accept that some chapters in our lives have to close without closure. There’s no point in losing yourself by trying to fix what’s meant to stay broken.
25. Everyone you meet can teach you something important. In fact, the people who are the most difficult to deal with can also be your most valuable teachers.
26. Some life changes look negative and painful on the surface, but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new and beautiful to emerge.
27. Without letting go of thinking there’s somewhere better to be, or someone better to be, you’ll never relax with where you are and who you are.
28. The curious paradox of life is that when you accept yourself just as you are, right where you are, only then can you change and grow.
29. Take constructive criticism seriously, but not personally. Listen, and then operate with your own intuition and wisdom as your guide.
30. Sometimes your mind needs more time to accept what your heart already knows. Breathe. Be a witness, not a judge.
31. Don’t run away from things; run toward them – the best way to move away from something negative is to move toward something positive.
32. If you’re being pulled in every direction by forces beyond your control, take time to realign yourself with what you value most in life. What is important in your life is what you decide is important. Nothing can overwhelm you unless you let it.
33. True purpose has no time limit. True purpose has no deadline. Don’t worry and stress yourself out. Just do the one thing you can right now.
34. Patience is not about waiting; it’s the ability to keep a good attitude while working hard for what you believe in.
35. Remember, “I don’t have time,” is really just another, perhaps politer, or perhaps naive, way of saying, “It’s not that important to me.”
36. You cannot always wait for the perfect time, because there may be no such thing. Sometimes you must dare to jump.
37. Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not here to scare you. They’re here to let you know that something is worth your while.
38. Don’t let not knowing how it’ll end keep you from beginning. Uncertainty chases us out into the open where life’s true magic is waiting.
39. Look at how far you’ve come. You have made progress. And now, imagine how far you can go.
40. And finally… Stop worrying so much about what’s in it for you every single second. If you’re making a positive contribution to others, there’s always something in it for you in the long run.