7 Mantras that Will Stop You from Taking Things Personally
1. You can’t take things too personally, even if it seems personal. Rarely do people do things because of you. They do things because of them.
2. You may not be able control all the things people say and do to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
3. There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you detach from other people’s beliefs and behaviors. The way people treat you is their problem, how you react is yours.
4. Take constructive criticism seriously, but not personally. Listen, and then operate with your own intuition and wisdom as your guide.
5. You are GOOD enough, SMART enough, FINE enough, and STRONG enough. You don’t need other people to validate you – you’re already valuable.
6. If you truly wish to improve your self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth, stop allowing other people to be responsible for them. Stop allowing other people to dominate your emotions.
7. All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as a baby. And that’s the tragedy of living. So when people are rude, be kind, be mindful, be your best. Give those around you the “break” that you hope the world will give you on your own “bad day” and you will never, ever regret it.