Sunday, September 16, 2018

Poem - You Are Always In My Thoughts


Your soothing hands caresses my fragile heart
Your piercing fingers claw on my feeble mind
Your sonorous voice whispers into my troubled ears
And it dawned on me, that you are always in my thoughts.

Your endearing image looms large in my fickle head
Your enchanting smile plagues my imagination
Your ensnaring laughter fills my bowels
Again, it dawned on me, you are always in my thoughts.

There is no route to let go
There is no magic to forgetting
There is no courage to manning up
For you are always in my thoughts.

I see you in the subtleties of my moments
I see you in the trenches of my struggles
I see you in the naked places of my heart
I see you in the flashes of my tired days
For you are always in my thoughts.

It is you I cling to when spirit sag
It is you I run to when bravery eludes
It is you I find when the weight of the world presses
It is you I see when tears clog my weary eyes.

I can never fully forget
For you are firmly resident, in the chambers of my thoughts.


1 comment:

Nigeria 2023 Elections: A Crime Scene

The 2023 Nigeria general elections have been a complete sham, and a retrogression of our nascent democracy. Whatever gains Professor Jega ma...