Monday, July 27, 2020

I Just Stopped By To Remind You Of These 7 Things



As we get entangled in the melee of life, I just thought to stop by, to remind you of seven subtle but crucial truths that you should never lose sight of:

1. I stopped by to remind you that you are enough, just the way you are. Sometimes, in the quest to be more, we forget that we are a complete entity. We can aspire to get better, but we should never think that we are not good enough. You are enough to attract love, you are enough to enjoy the best things of life, you are enough to earn your space in life. I hope you never forget this.

2. I stopped by to remind you to always resist the urge to be around those that make you want to ‘perform.’ Those friends that make you feel small in their presence. Those family members that always want to remind you of your inadequacies. Never give in to that urge that makes you want to show that you are more than you are, even when there are so many incentives to do so. That life is exhausting.

3. I stopped by to remind you to always walk away from unnecessary drama. Remember that humans crave theatrics, and at times, for your own sanity and mental well-being, walk away from all the unnecessary drama.

4. I stopped by to remind you that your emotions are valid. That thing you feel is legitimate. Cry when you want to, whimper when you want to, express joy and love when you want to, and discard that mask that you are living in today.

5. I stopped by to remind you to always pursue happiness in all your getting. Follow your dreams and learn to do it afraid. Sometimes, we are lost in the chase for life’s riches that we fail to recognize what really brings happiness. Ultimately, I hope you take your life one day at a time.

6. I stopped by to remind you on the need to deliberately choose gratitude. Remember that feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. Show gratitude, publicly and privately. More importantly, be thankful for all the wonderful things in your life. I hope you see them.

7. I stopped by to remind you to always put God first in all you do. I know we are at a time when it is not so fashionable to love God. I hope you are not swayed by the folly of men, and that you realize that your relationship with God is the most important thing in this world

3 comments:

Nigeria 2023 Elections: A Crime Scene

The 2023 Nigeria general elections have been a complete sham, and a retrogression of our nascent democracy. Whatever gains Professor Jega ma...