Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Poem: Sweet Captivity!

You caress my soul, and intoxicate my heart. You stole my sense of rationality, and taught me the ways of insanity. You hold me in your spell that I cannot tell. My thoughts are occupied with you, and I pant after you uncontrolably. Your stunning panache that awakens my days. My gaze is fixed upon you. My imaginations pours upon you. Yet, I love this spell, this hypnotizing of some sorts. Tighten the nuts and keep me in your sweet captivity. For in this captivity, I have found authority. My hope wears a new cloak of renewal, my dreams take on a new name called confidence. Your powers render me in tears. Keep me in your spell, for the world outside is hostile, precarious and for what it's worth, a poisoned chalice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nigeria 2023 Elections: A Crime Scene

The 2023 Nigeria general elections have been a complete sham, and a retrogression of our nascent democracy. Whatever gains Professor Jega ma...